Saturday, August 8, 2009

Waiting!!!

This is something everyone of us dislike to do. Being clear of my order for lunch, from the usual restaurant that picks up my call and they know my name, my location and the order. My lunch menu is fixed unless I change it.


Probably this is the first time that the order was sent wrong. The reason-maybe because I added another order for one of my colleagues. Am waiting for my order to appear in front of me and I am confident of finishing it within minutes. I realized how difficult it is to wait with empty stomach. I wonder how people survive without food for a long time. I wonder how people survive at the Poles, in the deepest jungles, the members of staff of various Channels that show us creatures, places, lakes, depth of oceans, mountains and what not, which of course we might come across for the first time on TV. How do these people survive? Who is there to pick the phone and take down their order? They wait for hours and hours to just complete a documentary of maybe 45 mins. I am sure it must have taken months together to complete one single program.

Hats off to those brave men & women who risk their lives to reveal nature to us as seen through their eyes! May GOD bless them!

Finally my present waiting is over. My food has arrived.

No comments: