Saturday, August 1, 2009

Recession?

It seems as though the number of hours per day has been increased. Or maybe the clock has stopped ticking!


With my manager off on his annual vacation, though I've got this lengthy joblist in front of me, there seems to be no big deal of a job to be executed. With people around me who can easily call a 'logo' as 'Monogram' (lol), I am finding it difficult to convince them on the jobs that we had planned, on the events that we were prepared for, on the media releases that we had already scheduled. On the name of the recession that has invaded the world, anything and everything is blamed no the recession. Poor recession, what wrong has it done?

In fact, in a way this was required. Famous Economists, pondering over the situation few years later, wrote books to express their genuine analysis which could prove the situation which we are in currently. No, no one seemingly believed their words. But here we are, in the middle of the downfall in the Economy.

Especially, the cost-cutting measures that the companies carry out. I am sick of hearing this 'cost cutting' thing! Every morning I get up to be surprised and shocked that one of my friends / relatives has lost the job. WHY?! All in the name of recession. What were these managers and the so-called bosses doing so far? In the name of cost cutting, for example, we are now drinking our 4-times-a-day tea in the office in china cups which was hitherto served to us in disposable tea cups. What saving does the management acquire by stopping the usage of disposable tea cups and including the china tea cups? I will surely end up vising my family doctor for one good reason of being affected by some infectious bacteria. How can I be sure of these cups being washed properly and hygienically stored to be used the next time?! Point to be noted and to be pointed.

Well, time has come for me to buy my own cup. Needless to say, I need to wash my cup even in the office now. Enough of cooking, cleaning and washing of utensils going on at home and now, even in the office? OK, accepted.

No comments: