Saturday, August 15, 2009

Traditional Dress!


I sent a mail last Thursday to the staff in this branch requesting them to wear our Indian Traditional Dress today, 15th Aug. I expected a good response as 99% of them are Indians. This activity of wearing traditional attire during such occasions have been happening even in my previous organizations and I've been receiving very good response. We distribute sweets too.

To my surprise, it was only me and my colleague who wore traditional kurtha and the rest came in their usual formal & semi-formal attires, as they would do normally.

Is it because they would feel odd wearing our traditional outfit? Is it because they simply didnt want to buy a new clothing (maybe they didnt have any to suit the occasion)? Is it because they are just not bothered to acknowledge a colleague's request? Is it because they dont have this habit of remembering our nation's most celebrated occasion? Most likely, one of these reasons is applicable to each and every one of us. Being out of our country, we tend to miss all the occasions back home.

Of course, in the midst of all these, we did enjoy the occasion. Remembered our good 'ol days in India. Took some great photographs (another opportunity to experiment with my Nikon D60)!

Thank you Mother India, for everything.

No comments: