Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Independence Day

This is a day when we all celebrate our freedom. It has been 6 decades, but are we still free? Maybe, may not be.

See full size image

What are my plans this 15th? Planning to come to the office wearing a traditional attire. Maybe a kurtha set. Need to buy one though. "Take those good kurthas that you have" Mom said. I didnt want to get them here because I could find a situation that I would be wearing it in Dubai. I regret now, to have left those traditional dresses back in India. I still remember my days at Dell International in Bangalore when we all planned to paint the Customer Care division with saffron, white and green. Our plan worked! we could see only these three colors that day. Dresses, balloons, flowers, our national flags, and much more.

I had worn a white kurtha set with the saffron and green as chunnis. Appreciation and praises poured from the team members!

I miss being in my country this Independence Day. Especially the celebrations and of course, a day off from work! I need to glue on to my couch to watch and listen to some desi news so that I could be updated on the happenings that day in India.

No comments: