Saturday, October 3, 2009

Denial of information


My day begins with the updates on the news over a cup of coffee. This normally gets me out of the daily blues to get up and get ready for work. The thought process in the morning is so complicated with puzzling thoughts criss-crossing about home, work, finance and much more.

Leaning back on the couch, sipping my favourite coffee (self-made!), I switch ON the idiot box (my frustration is making me call it so). All I get to see are Ads, Ads and Ads. With frustration building up, I browse through the other news channels where I could get some updates but in vain. Am not naming the channels, but its really frustrating when you have limited time to catch up with things happening around you through the idiot box and all you get to see and listen are stupid advertisements about losing weight, new car in the market, credit cards to tempt you buy stuff that you have been dreaming of, so called cricket stars now playing actors, shampoo that would make your hair strong to work like steel wires etc etc etc...The most frustrating part is that all these news channels have timed their Ad-slots in such a way that at a given point of time, every channel plays some or the other Ad, denying the viewer the options to get what he/she wants.

Now, I have learnt a lesson - not to depend on the idiot box but to get updated through various websites. Its quite relieving to know things at the click of a mouse. No need to wait, just keep flipping through the sites, keep browsing and all the news are in front of you. Sigh! I wonder when things would be different. With all due respect to the media & marketing industry (I'm in the same industry, lol), its high time to think of ways to time the Ads in order not to hamper the schedules.

1 comment:

SandyaS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.