Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Sushi Way!!!


The first ever Sushi that my wife, Sandhya tried. Though I have relished this unique Japanese preparation earlier, this time it was a wonderful experience with Sandhya and me tasting sushi at one of the malls in Dubai. Being vegetarians, I had to choose from couple of options available and the chef was kind enough to give me more options of non-vegetarian sushis that could be used as veg sushis by including some vegetables instead of the seafood.

I chose, ordered and waited. I could see the excitement building up and the order was ready within a few minutes.

"Is this what we are gonna eat?" asked Sandhya.

"This is what you wanted right?" I replied.

I am a bit familiar with the chop sticks and started carrying out my job of munching them sushis. I could see a strange look at her face with the first sushi being tasted by her. She seemed to enjoy it but this fun lasted only for a few seconds within which the seaweed in which the rice and vegetables are wrapped began to give her a weird taste.

Not being familiar with these tastes, she couldnt continue anymore. Finally, I being the 'blessed soul' to complete the content, use up the soya sauce, other ginger and chilli servings along with the sushi.

A wonderful experience indeed. I would surely continue to have these tasty preparations by the Japanese.

No comments: