Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Who am I?

"Who am I?"

"Silly Question"
"What?"
"Ask someone else"
"Attend a spiritual workshop"
"Ask your Guru"



Is this how people would react when I ask them about myself?!

Maybe, need to probably scale the lengths of Dubai creek, the usual abode of walkers and joggers who are health conscious. Most of them would raise their eyebrows when I seek an answer for my question, "Hey can u tell me, Who am I?". Ooops, putting myself in their shoes, I feel strange in being approached by someone over there with a similar question.

Dwelling deep within, I found that I am just a victim. Oh, now dont think that I've committed some crime. No, thats not what I did. I have become the victim of all those circumstances surrounding me. I cannot be out of it, but part of it. No one exists all by himself/herself. If you think you can, then you may probably be lying to yourself.

What are you when you are filled with emotions like love, hate, anger, happiness blah blah blah? You are the series of those thoughts that make up the emotion that has possed you at that point of time. You are not angry always, you dont hate people or things or anything 24 hours a day, you are not happy all through your life. So, these emotions visit you like your guests and leave. Why do they visit? They have to, in order to balance your life. Every emotion has something that we need to learn from. If we learn and act, we are placed better in life. If we dont, be prepared to face the ultimate truth which is always bitter. What do you want to do?

You are your emotions. You are your thoughts or feelings that make up these emotions (I think so). My next question...Why the hell do we blame ourselves or others because we got angry, or hated someone? No need right? Then what do we do when we are victims of our emotions and the circumstances that engulf us? What do we do when we are under attack by these uneasy situations? Think and act. Learn. Best is to learn so that we are well prepared for the next attack.

As they say, "Life puts you in situations only after knowing that you can handle them well. A coach pushes his pupil into the pool only when he is 100% confident that his pupil will swim and come out and not drown. Till then he coaches."

When did I learn to handle situations and my emotions then? Why is life giving me situations to handle, emotions to tackle? Hmmmm, need to think. Happy thinking.

1 comment:

SandyaS said...

Nice start :-)

I agree with your lines "Life puts you in situations only after knowing that you can handle them well" It cud be that we are all learning; like how we learnt to tlk, walk and all that.. these situations might be helping us learn - to Live... may be..