Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Stress!!

Now, people who are reading this would surely think, "Stress?! Thats part of my life. Maybe I might go on for the whole day without my regular intake of the premix coffee prepared by my favourite dispenser, but I cannot go home without a head ache".



Thats what it is, it never warns you, doesnt have any limits, it can come to you anytime, anywhere, it just needs you, yes it just needs you. The moment you know that your pace of breathing increases, the nerves on your head and neck starts exploding, beware, you are about to be visited by Stress!!

What the hell is this? A state of mind? A physical discomfort? An emotion? I think its just a state of your mind. You tend to face some situations that you cant. You are continuously put into situations where you need to complete tasks, physical or psychological. When you feel that its not going to happen within the stipulated time period, you are the host for Stress!! "There he comes, Welcome!"

What do we do now?! Honestly, I dont know. I feel that the solution is oneself. Everyone of us has different ways to handle the situation. For me, the moment stress tries to befriend me, I would probably turn on some rock or heavy metal by Megadeth, Metallica, Hinder, Linkin Park, Guns N Roses. This would ease the situation. Of course there are harder methods of sitting idle and keep on thinking of the state in which you are. But I am not game for that. There is this method which has been prescribed by many of our Gurus - Meditation. The other day, Swami Iswarananda Ji was telling me about Meditation. "I have tried it too", I said. The way he has discovered Meditation - Mind Engaged Deeply In Total Awareness Transcending Its Own Nature. Got it people?!

However, I need to admit, once I sit for meditation, as I approach the state of silence, I tend to face more turmoil. Oh my my my! Its just making me think more and more and I'm sucked into the whirlpool! No wonder people tend to walk off from such sessions, midway. Or escape this state by either sleeping or listening to their favourite track which helps them to be away from this turmoil. I think if I move on and allow myself to be pulled into the whirlpool, I might face the reality. And once I face the reality, maybe I would come out more courageous, more healthier, with strength to handle various situations and also to handle stress. So, bring it on! My dear friend Stress, I'm going to show you what reality is.

Let me try this! So, people, wish me luck!!!

No comments: